Tuesday, August 31

#36 MERDEKA! MERDEKA! MERDEKA!!!!

This post is dedicated to my country, Malaysia on it's National Day/ Independence Day, 31st August.

Refraining from any bad things as hard as I can for this special day. 

Really trying very hard, stopping myself to say not-so-nice-to-listen(or in this case see) stuff.


Just thought of this yesterday: I am very patriotic cause I stay at Jalan Merdeka. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. yeah I know, lame. pfft.

Thinking back the past few years of National Day... I think of the last year of high school when my school celebrated Hari Merdeka. You see, every year we would have a special assembly for Hari Merdeka. We sing patriotic songs -- Jalur Gemilang (my fav cause of the melody), KeranaMu, and of course Negaraku (National anthem). Usually we would just sing like certain parts really loud e.g. Jalur Gemilang we would just sing JALUR GEMILANG at the chorus and especially at the end really loud. Same goes for KeranaMu! That's the fun part of it. Some students brought the Malaysian flag, ran around the hall with it. :) BUT. the special assembly wasn't on 31st August of course, it's a HOLIDAY! National days are spent lazing around at home, glad for the opportunity to skip school/classes, out shopping [usually there would be a one day Merdeka sales]. Certain years, the school had the annual food fair on National Day, so would be spent hanging out with friends having fun at school.
I don't remember how I spent National Day last year, the first year out of high school. 

Was contemplating if I should use Malay to write this post, patriotism? Hah.... decided against it. Cause definitely can't write full sentences in Malay. If rojak language, can lah (Manglish mode kicking in for a moment).

So how am I gonna spend my National Day this year? Church gonna have a BBQ party over at Jubilee Park, Bukit Aup. Hoping to be able to go there cause it's been like a year since I've had BBQ. Have to see if my parents are up for it, especially mom =/ If I do go, that would take up the morning, and a little bit of the afternoon. Maybe should go shopping too, some places might have one day sale? But I think they're having sales now anyways cause Hari Raya's coming up.

Ooooh! IDEA! At first I didn't really know what to write in this post, guess it's ending up kinda long, huh? No worries, will be ending it soon. Just gotta do this first. 

THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MALAYSIA (No ranking/order)
1. The Manglish language which is humorous. 
2. I like 'LAH' :)
3. The practically all-year-round sales. 
4. The different types of cuisines. But nowadays you can find any type of food anywhere. =/ 
5. Everything about Malaysia
5. The stupid things Malaysian does. No offense. Refer to here to see what I mean.
6. Cheap food? Not really. Scratching this too. 
7. No disasters.... except for the floods, the mudslides.................... ok scratch this too.

Guess that's all. Not much I can think of. See the strikeouts... =/ Oh well.



Selamat Hari Merdeka / Selamat Hari Kebangsaan MALAYSIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment