Sunday, July 25

#28 I Like (No, I Love)... -- 我喜欢(不,我爱)。。。

Post about my trip to Taipei, Taiwan!  Title of this post is actually the name of a song by Yen-J (严爵).

To continue the title of the post (following the *dot dot dot*)
1. Taipei, Taiwan
2. Eating
3. Travelling
Those are the things I realize from going to Taipei. :)

I love Taipei, and I'm so planning to go back there. Hopefully I'll be able to go back to Taiwan end of this year when my sister Yew Min makes a trip there for her comic convention of a sort :) Seriously hope I can go there during my holidays in December!

Ok, so now. Let's really talk about my trip.  
19th JULY:
reached Taipei Airport about 2pm I think? Flight was at around 10am, takes about 4 hours to go to Taipei from Singapore. Watched part of Diaries of a Wimpy Kid aboard China Airlines, rest of the time spent listening to music and sleeping-due to my medicine. Reached Taipei Airport, at the baggage claim area, there were dogs! Those dogs are there to sniff out drugs, I forgot what kinda dogs though. Taipei is freaking hot, July's the hottest month in Taipei. It was around 35-36°C when we reached Taipei. Leaving the airport, hot humid air greeted me. D: That night, had dinner with my Uncle's family consisting of my uncle, aunt and 2 cousins (醒悟,醒明) I think that's how their name is written in Mandarin. Food was quite nice if you ignore the animal innards.

20th JULY:
Morning, went around a little bit with my eldest sis. We walked to the
nearest MRT Station which was like 10 mins walk away from the place
where we were staying. It was so hot that we stopped at a
convenience stores to buy an umbrella, some cool drinks, 果冻 and
吹冷气。呵呵。The MRT Station we went to was CKS Memorial Hall (中正纪念楼) We took
the MRT two stops to Taipei Main Station (台北车站) We were trying to look
for a mall to buy a travel adapter cause
the power outlet in Taiwan is different than those
in M'sia and S'pore
. They don't really have any departmental
stores百货公司in Taipei... They have malls but those are known as
地下街(Underground street shops). We ended up borrowing the travel adapter
from our aunt. The shops weren't really open yet. They open real late
like 11-12 something in the morning/noon.

20th JULY:
Afternoon
, cousin rented a van. Took us to 红毛城, literally red haired/furred city. It's those
kinda colonial forts place. Then we walked around a street in 淡水Dan Shui. Then went up to
阳明山
Yang Ming Mountain, which is suppose to be full of beautiful
flowers, but it's July, there's only trees and grass to see like what my
Uncle said. After that, at night, we went to 五分埔 so
that mom can shop. Oh yeah, bro 中暑(got a heat stroke) that day. Did I
mention that it was freaking hot?
21st JULY:
 
Didn't do much, Bro and sis-in-law went off with
sis-in-law's friend. 2nd sis met up with her own friends. That leaves
me, my eldest sis and my parents. So we went to Carrefour to shop. lol!
When we met up again in the evening, we went for dinner and then went to
a 夜市night market near my uncle's shop. It was maybe 10-15 mins walk?
But walking in Taipei doesn't seem too far off or long. Maybe cause I'm
new to the place so it doesn't seem so.
22nd JULY:
We went to some President's residence.
Place was quite nice. Weather was damn hot of course. After that we
went to the National Palace Museum (台北故宫).
There it was cool, cause it's indoors and there's air-con!!!! We ate
lunch in there too. Ate congee cause it was just a tea house of a sort
--||| Spent quite a long time there, like a few hours. After that we
went to a real shopping mall where there is a 摩天轮ferris wheel. Was gonna
sit on it, but mom said she didn't want, so none of us went on it. We
lost mom and sis there cause they thought we were going to go on it, and
they didn't want to. Long story = = Skipping that, we dropped bro and
sis-in-law at the bridal photography shop so they could pick out clothes
for the photo shoot session the next day. Dropped sis back off to rest.
Then we went to a street at 深坑 ShenKeng famous for its
臭豆腐 Stinky Tofu! woohoo. I tried it. The
type where tofu is deep fried, drizzled with some kinda sauce and topped
with pickled veggie, they had choice of pickled cabbage, spicy cabbage
like kimchi, seaweed and one other I forgot. I had all four on mine. I
LIKE IT! I think I'm the only one in my family who likes it. Hahaha!
Oddly though, that street that day we couldn't really smell the strong
smell of 臭豆腐. Weirrddd... Even my dad said so, last time he was there,
he could smell it so strongly. Stinky stinky smell. Maybe there are
worst ones? Just that I didn't try it. Hmm.. oh well.

23rd JULY:
Packed and get ready to go back to Singapore in the
morning, went to Uncle's shop, hung around, went for lunch then headed
for the airport. :( Watched 'How to Train Your Dragon' and a little bit
of 'Bounty Hunter' aboard China Airlines again this time.

So that's the end of
this post. My short trip to Taiwan. Sorry if it's long. I miss Taipei
now! Hope to go back real soon, travel to rest of Taiwan too :)
Oh yeah, will be uploading photos soon,
on my facebook, hopefully by tomorrow, or latest Tuesday.

P/S I found out Taipei is quite eco-friendly. They completely stopped using plastic bags when you shop for stuffs, unless you ask of course, and you gotta pay for it. And all the rubbish must be separated for recycling. Time for Singapore and Malaysia to do that too instead of just one day of a week not using plastic bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment