Tuesday, August 17

#33 Where are you from?

This post is inspired by the video below :)

Morgan Then: Where are you from? (Malaysian stereotypes)



Watch it first before you continue!







East Malaysians, ever experienced this before? Or at least heard of this happening to your friends & family? Too have this experience. Well, not exactly having those ignorant sort of questions thrown at me but I've heard about it. Thank goodness my West Malaysian friends aren't THAT ignorant.
Can ya seriously believe that? We're the same country and they don't know a single thing about East Malaysia? They think we still stay in jungles, up in trees, wear clothes made out of leaves, have the barter system? Hello, who still live that primitive? I'm not denying that there's plenty of greens over here. Lemme just tell you this, if Sarawak and Sabah didn't join Malaysia. We would have been pretty awesome on our own. We have lots of trees to be cut down (which I won't really encourage), we have oil too (in Miri, at least we used to? Has it all dried up?) We could have been a well off country on our own.

Will be going to Penang next month, I wonder if my West Malaysians course mates will be that ignorant too. However, if there's a chance messing with one of their heads that sound totally fun. I would like to tell them about the headhunters :)

Oh and it's August which means Malaysia day! Oh wait, no, Malaysia day should be Sept 16th. To be more precise, 31st August is National Day (Hari Merdeka) Whee! We got freed from colonists on that day! Oh wait, again, NO, that's just West Malaysia. Don't they care about us at all. Sheesh. Sarawak and Sabah should have 16th of Sept off. It's our state freedom day.

I came up with answers to those questions of my own. Just to spice it up a lil', switch it around, and just playing around, since you know, I'm bored, not being in uni at the moment.

How did you get here?
I swam here, fought off sharks and piranhas, they made good food. It ain't that far. and since I'm from Sibu (located central of Sarawak), I had to walk through jungles too, to get to the sea, it's like the Iron man challenge. Triathlon if you would prefer, but we don't have bikes :)

Do you guys still live on trees? 
Yeah, we do. You know we have those cool transformer tree houses you see in Phineas & Ferb. We have elevators up and down the trees, moving walkways connecting our tree house to the tree house next door. It's totally cool, cause we can have THF (Tree House Fights) like in P&F :)

[Yes, I watch Phineas & Ferb, it's the only Disney show I watch now. Rest sucks :( ]

So what about your shirt?
Oh this shirt? You know... There are foreigners visiting us in our jungles. The headhunters they hunt these people, to... you know collect their heads. We keep their clothes cause they look so much cooler than the leaves we wore :)

'Nuff said.

p/s I might not be happy with some things but it's still a country where I grew up in. In someways of its own, Malaysia's cool. Minus the Malaysian stereotyping, political problems (But which country doesn't have political problems?) Conclusion: I still love you Malaysia

p/p/s The red&green colored words are edited (not original post)/ added in later as in now [ 18/08/2010 10:40PM]

1 comment: